Did you know that…
- The University of Port Harcourt recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with FMC Technologies to establish a Subsea Engineering Training Programme? This initiative makes the University the first in Africa to establish such a high impact technology programme. Please visit this URL for further information: UniPort, FMC Sign MoU on Subsea Engineering
- Five UniPort Graduates recently won NYSC Presidential Awards?
- UniPort’s expertise is widely-acknowledged in such specializations as Medicine, Social Sciences, Science, Education, Humanities and Engineering?
- The University of Port Harcourt is a university in the Nigerian city of Port Harcourt. It was established as a University College in Port Harcourt, and was given university status in 1977.
- Date of Establishment: 1975
- Address: University of Port Harcourt, Choba, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Motto: Enlightenment for Self-Reliance
- Vice-Chancellor: Joseph A. Ajienka
The University of Port Harcourt aims to be ranked amongst the best universities in Africa, renowned for its teaching, research, creativity and innovation.
The pursuit of academic excellence, advancement of knowledge and community service through quality teaching, life-long learning, social inclusion, strengthening civil society and policy-relevant research that addresses the challenges of contemporary society. To achieve this Mission, the University is guided by the spirit of enquiry, self-reliance, fairness, ethical and professional standards of the disciplines.
Commitment to academic freedom, tolerance, probity, equal opportunity and respect for cultural diversity.