CALL FOR SUBJECT & QUALITY ASSURANCE EXPERTS FOR PROGRAMME ACCREDITATION/REVIEW IN NAMIBIA
The National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) is a statutory body established by the Higher Education Act, No. 26 of 2003. NCHE is mandated to promote inter alia quality assurance in higher education, i.e. accredit academic programmes offered at higher education institutions and monitor the quality assurance mechanisms, procedures and processes of these institutions. As such, NCHE is in the process of reviewing the following Bachelor Degree Programmes:
- Economics (Hon),
- Education (Pre- and Lower Primary Education) (Hon)
- Science in Geo-Information Science
- Science in Civil Engineering (Hon)
- Biomedical Sciences (Hon)
- Science in Financial Mathematics (Hon)
- Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics (Hon)
- Agriculture Management
- Engineering Civil
- Geo-information Technology
- Natural Resource Management (Nature Conservation)
- Journalism and Communication Technology
- Journalism and Communication Technology (Hon)
- Town and Regional Planning
NCHE is, therefore, soliciting for nominations of subjects experts in these programmes. The nominated candidates should be practicing academics with knowledge and expertise in the afore-stated subjects/disciplines.
NCHE is also soliciting for nominations of experts in higher education quality assurance.
During the exercise, the selected nominee (s) will be duly furnished with:
- A return flight ticket;
- Accommodation and transport;
- Meals and an honorarium of N$ 3500-00 (US$ 350-00);
- Assistance with visa application (if required); and
- Any other relevant information on the preparations (logistics), time-lines, etc.
The review process for each programme will take place over 3 (three) days, while the entire review exercise is expected to run between September and October 2015.
Please, submit the names of your nominees together with their CVs at your earliest convenience to Ms Anneley Willemse at email@example.com and Dr Edward Hategekimana at firstname.lastname@example.org In case of further enquiries, please contact Ms Willemse or Dr Hategekimana by telephone at 00 264 61 307012.
This notice was circulated by:
Senior Higher Education Officer
National Council for Higher Education Secretariat
08 Newton Street, Philadelphia House
P O Box 90890, Klein Windhoek
Tel: +264 61 307012
Fax: +264 61 307016