Month: August 2015
-The St. Mary’s University College (now officially St. Mary’s University ) organised and hosted the 4th National Open and Distance learning Seminar?
- -The institution, on 22nd August 2015, organised and sponsored the 13th International Conference on private Higher Education in Africa?
- – SMUC also hosted the 9th National Student Research Forum
To be among the leading higher education centers of academic excellence in teaching-learning, research, publications and community services in East-Africa and contribute to the development of Ethiopia.
To offer conventional and distance education that is accessible to the larger society through reasonable tuition focusing on quality and standards in teaching, research and outreach services.
The goals of SMU are to:
- offer relevant, diverse, learner-centered, and research-led programs of study;
- prepare graduates with the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes embodied in the graduate profile of academic programs;
- strengthen assessment methods that validly, reliably and fairly evaluate measurable learning outcomes;
- promote technology-based, innovative and inter-disciplinary learning environment;
- augment student support, staff development, facilities and resources;
- undertake demand-driven research on local, national and international issues and problems;
- produce and disseminate research outcomes, teaching materials and other publications;
- ensure the provision of need-based services to the community at large;
- initiate, sustain and enhance a close network with local and international stakeholders; and
- put in place a system that ensures responsibility and accountability towards the performance of tasks related with the attainment of the goals enshrined herein.
- Founder and President: Wondwosen Tamrat
- Contact: email@example.com, P.O.Box 18490/1211, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
AAU wishes to celebrate our very own Professor Komi Paalamwé TCHAKPELE who has been appointed as the Minister of Primary/Secondary Education and Vocational Training.
Professor Komi Paalamwé TCHAKPELE is the current Président of de l’Université de Kara, Togo, West Africa. He has been appointed as Minister of Primary/Secondary Education and Vocational Training since June 2015.
Prof. Tchakpele is currently a member of the AAU Governing Board representing the Western Africa and is also a member of the Project Steering Committee of the ACBF CADRE II PROJECT. Read the rest of this entry »
Dynamic leadership is key to meeting the complex challenges faced by Universities in Africa today (attracting and retaining quality faculty, embracing learning technologies, meeting increasing demands from society and donors, being innovative, among others).
In line with AAU’s goal of supporting universities leaders to build their skills in advancing the quality of their services and meeting all these demands, various strategic programmes including skills development training workshops have been undertaken. Since 2007, the Association has organised a series of leadership development training workshops (LEDEV) with the just ended 8th LEDEV being hosted by Botho University (BU) from 10-14 August 2015, in Botswana.