A workshop not to be missed by librarians and IT staff supporting libraries
The AAU in collaboration with Botho University, Botswana, is organizing a three-day training workshop under the theme “Providing platforms for knowledge sharing among African Universities”. This training will be held in Botswana from the 21-23 October 2015. Participants will be taken through setting up successful Institutional Repository platforms. Institutions seeking to join the AAU Database of African Theses and Dissertations (DATAD) (http://datad.aau.org) platform are also invited to apply to attend the training. They will have the opportunity to be taken through how to configure their IRs so that their content can be included on the DATAD platform. This workshop will be an excellent platform for meeting colleagues, sharing experiences and learning from each other. The target participants are librarians and IT support staff from national and university libraries.
Topics to be covered
- Status of Institutional Repositories in Africa
- The future of digital Institutional Repositories
- What makes Institutional Repository initiatives fail?
- A review of common Institutional Repository platforms
- Practical Session on setting up DSpace
- What is DATAD and why it is important for African Universities.
- Making your repository more visible
- Top tools for tracking the usage of your IR
Early registration fee is $250 per participant and will cover the cost of snacks, lunch and training material. Interested participants are kindly requested to register online by clicking here. Please register before 30th September 2015, to allow time to apply for visas. Participants will cover their costs of air travel, accommodation and related allowances.
For further information please contact: Abednego Corletey (email@example.com) copy Nodumo Dhlamini (firstname.lastname@example.org)