ABMUC is looking for a result oriented individual for the position below.
Director, Academic and Student Services
ABM University College (ABMUC) is advertising for the position of Director for Academic and Student Services. The position is part of the executive leadership of ABMUC, with responsibilities for ensuring the attainment of strategic goals of the institution.
Main purpose of the job:
Directs the operations of the Academic and Student Services Division and ensures integration and synergy with other divisions and sections in order to accomplish the institution’s quest for academic excellence as well as its strategic goals and objectives.
- Provides visionary leadership and creates an environment which is conducive to effective performance.
- Participate in the development of the institution’s strategic plan.
- Sets the overall teaching and learning policy in line with the institution’s goals and objectives.
- Creates and maintains a student centered curriculum, as well as programmes and services.
- Coordinates and oversees the identification and procurement of resources for various projects.
- Promotes and supports networking and strengthening of viable partnerships with suitable organizations.
- Conducts studies to determine the effectiveness of student development and support programmes.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of the division and sections in order to ensure performance is in line with the divisional and sectional plans.
- Develop community partnerships in line with the institution’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinates student support services.
- Represents the institution at various national and international fora and ensures the promotion and protection of the institution’s image
- Undertakes such other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Strategic thinking
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Decisive and assertive
- Results focus
- Interpersonal relations
- Impact and Influence
Education and Training Qualifications:
- Doctorate or PHD
Five (5) years at senior management level preferably in a similar environment
- Excellent Record of Scholarship, teaching, and service.
- Knowledge and experience of systems in similar institutions.
- Experience in academic institution management at least at the level of Dean or Director of an academic department for a minimum of five years.
- ABM offers an attractive package.
- Only the candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their detailed and updated CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, certificates, cover letter and three recent references sealed in an envelope.
Closing Date: 20 November 2015
Applicants MUST write the position applied for on the envelope and address their application to:
The Executive Director
ABM University College
Private Bag 00331
OR email applications and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY THE SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.