Month: April 2016
The International Conference on Advanced Trends in ICT & Management, jointly hosted by Blue Crest College and the Association of African Universities began on a high note today at the Accra International Conference Center in Accra, Ghana.
Being held from 28-29 April 2016, ICAITM is providing an opportunity for experts and other participants from Africa and across the world to interact and discuss matters of common interest and benefit from quality continuing education on topics relating to cloud computing and sustainable development in Africa.
The Conference, aptly themed “Cloud Computing for Sustainable Development in Africa”, is aiming among others, to promote innovation across all business sectors with the assistance of cloud, to help reduce cost and increase sharing of the scarce resources available.
It further hopes to pave the way for Open Source sharing of information in research which will enable educators across Africa to collaborate in enhancing the Body of Knowledge in existence.
Notable speakers at this event included:
- H.E. Mr. K. Jeeva Sagar – High Commissioner of India to Ghana
- Dr. Kapil Gupta – Chairman – Bluecrest College Governing Council
- Dr. Bernice Adiku Heloo – Deputy Minister for Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation
- Prof. Nii Narku Quaynor – Chairman, NITA & Founder, ITAG
- Prof. Mohammed Salifu – Executive Secretary, National Council for Tertiary Education
- Mr. George Atta-Boateng – Director General, NITA
- Ms. Estelle Akofio-Sowah – Country Manager, Google Ghana
- Ms. Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh – Country Manager, IBM Ghana
- Mr. Derek Appiah – Country Manager, Microsoft Ghana
Please download some key documents below:
- The speech delivered by the AAU Secretary General Professor Etienne Ehile: SG Remarks ICAITM AAU BlueCrest Conf
- The proceedings of the ICATIM including the program and abstracts: Proceedings of ICAITM-2016
The African Center of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID) is one of the 22 ACEs under phase one of the World Bank supported ACE Project. This center is located at Redeemer’s University in Ede, Osun State, Nigeria. It is led by Professor Christian Happi, a Professor of Molecular Biology and Genomics. Recently the ACEGID Director shared the following success stories:
- The Nigerian Vanguard reporting on ACEGID breakthroughs in infectious diseases research in Africa: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/discover-pathogens-attack-prof-happi/
- The ACEGID successfully submitted its 4th paper paper in Nature Communications. This paper describes the development of monoclonal antibodies for the first immunotherapy against Lassa fever
ACEGID won awards at the 6th Edition of the Nigerian Universities Research and Development Fair (NURESDEF) in March 2016. ACEGID-Redeemer’s won the following prizes
Award of the Overall best Nigerian University in the fields of Life Sciences and Medicine
Award of the best Nigerian researcher in the field of Life Sciences and Medicine to Prof. Christian Happi
Award of the second best Nigerian researcher in the field of Life Sciences and Medicine to Dr (Mrs.) Onikepe Folarin
For more information please visit the website of Redeemer’s University: www.run.edu.ng
The World Academy of Sciences Regional Office for Sub-Saharan Africa (TWAS-ROSSA) invites you to nominate suitable candidates for the 2016 TWAS Young Affiliates. The honour is given to developing-nation researchers with at least 10 international publications who show potential for a high-impact career. During their five-year tenure, Young Affiliates build networks with other affiliates and with elected TWAS Fellows and attend international conferences such as the TWAS General Meeting.
Nominations are invited from TWAS and AAS fellows, Members of National Academies and fellows, Members of Young Academies of Science in the region, Research Institutions, Research Councils and Universities in the region. Self-Nomination is also acceptable. The nomination of women is highly encouraged.
Nominees must be aged 40 or less and living and working in a developing country. More information is provided on the attached nomination form. Kindly use the form to submit your nomination. All nominations must be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 May 2016.
Please kindly note that late submission will not be considered.