The International Conference on Advanced Trends in ICT & Management, jointly hosted by Blue Crest College and the Association of African Universities began on a high note today at the Accra International Conference Center in Accra, Ghana.
Being held from 28-29 April 2016, ICAITM is providing an opportunity for experts and other participants from Africa and across the world to interact and discuss matters of common interest and benefit from quality continuing education on topics relating to cloud computing and sustainable development in Africa.
The Conference, aptly themed “Cloud Computing for Sustainable Development in Africa”, is aiming among others, to promote innovation across all business sectors with the assistance of cloud, to help reduce cost and increase sharing of the scarce resources available.
It further hopes to pave the way for Open Source sharing of information in research which will enable educators across Africa to collaborate in enhancing the Body of Knowledge in existence.
Notable speakers at this event included:
- H.E. Mr. K. Jeeva Sagar – High Commissioner of India to Ghana
- Dr. Kapil Gupta – Chairman – Bluecrest College Governing Council
- Dr. Bernice Adiku Heloo – Deputy Minister for Environment, Science, Technology and Innovation
- Prof. Nii Narku Quaynor – Chairman, NITA & Founder, ITAG
- Prof. Mohammed Salifu – Executive Secretary, National Council for Tertiary Education
- Mr. George Atta-Boateng – Director General, NITA
- Ms. Estelle Akofio-Sowah – Country Manager, Google Ghana
- Ms. Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh – Country Manager, IBM Ghana
- Mr. Derek Appiah – Country Manager, Microsoft Ghana
Please download some key documents below:
- The speech delivered by the AAU Secretary General Professor Etienne Ehile: SG Remarks ICAITM AAU BlueCrest Conf
- The proceedings of the ICATIM including the program and abstracts: Proceedings of ICAITM-2016