The Women’s University in Africa (WUA) Council is inviting applications for the post of Pro – Vice Chancellor Academic. Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the position is strategic to the attainment of the university’s mission and goals. The university is seeking for an individual of personal and professional integrity with a distinguished record of accomplishment in higher education. An earned Doctorate (PhD) and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills are essential. The incumbent will be responsible for initiating, recommending, implementing and monitoring policies,
systems and procedures in the academic and any other functions delegated by the Vice Chancellor.
The position calls for a versatile, respected individual with a proven record in the academia. The individual is expected to provide critical leadership that will assist the university diversify its revenue base so as to strengthen its academic and research funding. The post requires an outstanding academic with at least 10 years working experience in university senior management level.
Key Performance Areas
1. Reporting to and working closely with the Vice Chancellor, the PVC will have an oversight of the effective delivery of the university’s academic programme including promoting and pursuing excellence in teaching, research and community service.
2. Encouraging academic connectivity and wider engagement with external partners.
3. Champion, develop and oversee the implementation of the university’s academic portfolio and research strategy
4. Management responsibility of the academic deans and working closely with academic departments.
5. Part of the senior management team that leads on the development of the strategic direction and policy for the institution.
Please retrieve full application details here – PVC job application
For further information, contact;
Director Strategic Business Development & Marketing
Women’s University in Africa
188 Sam Nujoma Extension, Avondale,Harare