University in Focus
Maseno University is a full member of the Association of African Universities and is a Public University in Kenya, enacted by an Act of Parliament in 1991. In 2000 it was elevated to a fully fledged University.
It is located in Maseno Township along Kisumu-Busia road, 25 km from Kisumu City and approximately 400 km west of Nairobi the capital city of Kenya. Maseno University is the only university on the globe that lies along the Equator.
Maseno University has the following four Campuses, a College and a Constituent College:
- Maseno Main Campus which is located in Maseno Township. The core activities and central administration are located here.
- Homa Bay Campus located at the SONYACO Plaza in Homa Bay town.
- The eCampus is one of the latest innovations by Maseno University to facilitate online delivery of high quality certificate, diploma and degree programmes to learners in various parts of the country, the East African region and beyond.
- Kisumu City Campus College is within the Central Business District of Kisumu City.
- Bondo University College (former Bondo Teachers Training College) became a Constituent College of Maseno University.
The University offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs in different disciplines at the following faculties and schools: Arts and Social Sciences; Education; Biological & Physical Sciences; Public Health and Community Development; Environment and Earth Sciences; Development and Strategic Studies; Business and Economics; Medicine; Agriculture and Food Security; Mathematics and Actuarial Science; Computing and Informatics; Planning & Architecture; Gender Studies.
Latest News from Maseno University
- The Vice Chancellor of Maseno University is Professor Julius Omondi Nyabundi and was appointed in November 2015.
- The 15th Graduation Ceremony for Maseno University will be held on the 11th December 2015
- Maseno University runs a successful Business Incubation and Mentorship Program
- The Maseno University FaceBook Page has over 28,000 followers
Maseno University have been active on Twitter since October 2011. Follow Maseno University on Twitter for regular updates
How to contact Maseno University
Tel: 057 351040
Mekelle University (MU) is a full member of the Association of African Universities. It is a public university located in Mekelle town in the Tigray region of Northern Ethiopia. MU is 783 Kilometers from the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa. It was established in 2000. MU has 5 campuses, namely, Endayesus (main), Adihaqi, Ayder, Aynalem and Kalamino. MU’s seven colleges offer undergraduate and post-graduate programs. These colleges are:
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Dryland Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Law and Governance
- College of Social Sciences and Languages (CSSL)
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- MU is well known for its relevant research activities in the areas of Dryland Agriculture and Natural Resources. In Ethiopia, the drylands (including the arid, semi-arid, and sub humid areas) account for about 70% of the total land mass and 46 % of the total arable land.
- MU Postgraduate Programs can be accessed from here: http://www.mu.edu.et/index.php/academic/programs/postgraduate
- University Publications can be accessed from this link: http://www.mu.edu.et/index.php/research/research-highlights/university-publications
- An October 2015 Report on tracer study of the graduates of Mekelle University can be downloaded from here: http://www.mu.edu.et/images/2008_downloads/MU_Tracer_Study_2015.pdf
- The President of MU is Professor Kindeya Gebrehiwot
- Follow Mekelle University on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MU_CCIA
- Like the Mekelle University FaceBook Page: https://web.facebook.com/MekelleUniversity/
- Follow the Mekelle University President on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DrKindeya
How to Contact Mekelle University
Corporate Communication and International Affairs Directorate
Endayesus Main Campus Tel: +251 344 40 40 05 Fax: +251-344-40-1090 P.O.Box: 231
Office Number A1: 110 Management Building, Office Number A1: 110
The University of Sierra Leone is a public national university owned by the Government of Sierra Leone. It is composed of Fourah Bay College – (FBC), Institute of Public Administration and Management – (IPAM) and College of Medicine and Allied Health Sciences – (COMAHS). The University of Sierra Leone is a full member of the Association of African Universities.
This week we will focus on Fourah Bay College which is a constituent college of the University of Sierra Leone. Fourah Bay College is located on Mount Aureol, on the outskirts of Freetown and was founded by the Church Missionary Society in 1827 (188 years ago), for the purpose of training Africans as schoolmasters, catechists and clergymen. By the University of Sierra Leone Act of 1972, Fourah Bay College lost its autonomy which it enjoyed under the 1967 Act, and became a constituent College of the University of Sierra Leone.
Fourah Bay College has the following faculties and institutes:
- Faculties – Arts, Pure And Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Law and Engineering
- Institutes – African Studies, Population Studies, Library, Information & Communication Studies and Marine Biology & Oceanography
- The University of Sierra Leone in partnership with the African Social Governance research and eleven other Universities in Africa offers a Master of research and Public Policy degree progrmme.
- The Patriotic Vanguard recently published an interesting article about the history of Fourah Bay College – titled “What Sierra Leoneans did not know about Fourah Bay College”. Please read it from here
- Professor. Ekundayo Thompson is the Vice Chancellor and Principal of the University of Sierra Leone and the Deputy Vice Chancellor is Professor Sahr Gbamanja.
How to contact Fourah Bay College:
Fourah Bay College – University of Sierra Leone
Mount Aureol, Freetown, Sierra Leone
Tel: 232 22 227924/224260
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com