AAU and E/Merge Africa Survey 2016 on eLearning Development in Africa
Deadline extended to 15th July 2016
We are excited to announce the launch of the AAU/ e/merge Africa survey on the professional development needs of e-learning researchers and practitioners in African higher education.
The Association of African Universities/ e/merge Africa survey focuses on the professional development needs of e-learning researchers and practitioners in African higher education and will also provide a snapshot of the state of e-learning across African higher education. Your participation will help both the AAU and e/merge Africa to plan for professional development activities which address needs expressed by colleagues across the sector. The cover letter is available in Arabic, English, French and Portuguese. The survey is available in Arabic, English French and Portuguese until 30 June 2016. After completion of the survey you will be able to enter a draw for prizes of US$25 and US$50 Amazon.com, itunes and Google Play vouchers.
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), South Africa, was established on the 1st of January 2005, when the Cape Technikon and Peninsula Technikon merged. This merger was part of a national transformation process that transformed the higher education landscape in South Africa. Today, this institution is the only university of technology in the Western Cape and is the largest university in the region, boasting of more than 30 000 students, several campuses and service points, and more than 70 programmes.
CPUT is a full member of the Association of African Universities.
Interesting information about Cape Peninsula University of Technology:
- On 1st January 2015 CPUT officially turned 10 years old
- CPUT has six faculties and boasts of more than 80 undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a wide range of fields.
- CPUT also offers career-specific short courses.
- Latest research and innovation news focuses on the The Kgalagadi Lion Project
- The Vision of CPUT is to be at the heart of technology education and innovation in Africa.
- This page of Quick Facts about CPUT has interesting information about enrollment figures etc – https://heda.cput.ac.za/indicatordashboard/default.aspx
- CPUT aims among others, to build a university that is highly efficient, sustainable and environmentally conscious
- CPUT hosts the South African Renewable Energy Technology Centre (SARETEC)
Mr Trevor Manuel is the Chancellor of CPUT whilst Dr Prins Nevhutalu is the Rector and Vice-Chancellor
CPUT Contact Details
Call centre: +27 21 959 6767
Laweh Open University, the first accredited open university in Ghana is opening its doors to offer high quality accredited American degrees
Laweh Open University is accepting applications from prospective students
The Laweh Open University College is the first authorized Open University College in Ghana established in 2014 as an open supported learning institution offering certificates, diplomas, degrees and postgraduate courses. Laweh is a global partner with the Franklin University, USA, for the award of its degrees, diplomas and certificates.
The Laweh Open University conducts its operations through Regional Centres and Study Centres. Currently there are fifteen (15) contact points in African countries coordinated by prominent personalities. Laweh University College has its Headquarters situated at Addogon Road, off the Spintex-Baatsona Road, near Lekma Polyclinic, Accra-Ghana.
Laweh Open University College announces to the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate and graduate programmes for the 2015/2016 academic year. All prospective applicants should read relevant information and guidelines about the University’s Admissions Requirements before applying.
How to Apply
- Fill out your application details online http://ilaweh.edu.gh/iApply/ or APPLY NOW
- Bio-data of the applicant
- Academic records (Scan copies of certificates/results/transcript slips) PDF Format
- CV’s (graduate applicants only)
- Personal statement (graduate applicants only)
- Submit your application online by paying an application fee of $60.00 using Visa and Master Card
- Upon receiving a conditional offer of admission, applicant would be required to submit their hard copies of their certified academic records
- Click here for Admissions Requirements: http://laweh.edu.gh/index.php/department/admissions
The contact details for Laweh University are:
Hot line: +303 3963155/+233547169761