Please find attached the list of Awardees for the 2016 Graduate Internship programme. Please download the full report from here: Approved GIs 4th July 2016
- A total of 169 submitted their applications
- A total of 558 commenced their applications online but did not complete the process
- There are 45 successful beneficiaries, 15 of whom are females and 30 males
- The 11 beneficiaries are pursuing PhD programmes and 34 are Masters’ students
- The beneficiaries come from 20 institutions who are AAU members
- The 20 institutions are located in 10 African countries
The Graduate Internship Call was previously featured here: https://blog.aau.org/2016/03/17/call-small-grants-for-graduate-internships/
AAU is very concerned about the demand for scholarships versus the funds available. To this end we continue to call on African governments to contribute more resources towards supporting Higher Education in Africa.
Applications are being received for the Commonwealth Scholarships for Master’s and PhD study in the UK . This scholarship is offered for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries and is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Level and Field(s) of Study
Masters (one-year courses only) or PhD Programmes in all subject areas at participating UK Universities. The selection criteria gives priority to applications which demonstrate strong relevance to development.
The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Developing Commonwealth Countries.
Each Scholarship provides airfare to and from United Kingdom, tuition and examination fees, personal maintenance allowance, thesis grant (if applicable), initial arrival allowance, among others.
Further details on this scholarship can be obtained from the Official Website of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/
Deadline: 19 Nov 2015
Revised Application Instructions for the ECOWAS Fellowship Programme 2015 Masters and PhD study for ECOWAS citizens.
Applicants that are submitting applications in response to the 2015 ECOWAS call are hereby informed that an online application form has been created to facilitate the application process. Those that already emailed their applications should also re-apply using the new instructions. Please follow the instructions below:
- Open the link from here: http://www.aau.org/ecoapp/
- Make sure that you have all the required information ready including your CV and scanned certificates
- Each supporting document that you upolad must not exceed 1MB
- You need about 45 minutes online to complete the form
- Please email the following people if you encounter challenges:
- Technical Issues with the online form: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queries about the ECOWAS call: email@example.com
- Or telephone: +233302774495
The Deadline for receipt of applications is 15th October 2015
Please find the English and French ECOWAS Calls that were circulated by the AAU:
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by this change.
Tous les candidats qui souhaiteraient postuler pour le programme de bourses de la CEDEAO au titre de l’année 2015 sont informés que le formulaire de demande en ligne a été créé et peuvent dès lors postuler en ligne. Les candidats qui ont déjà envoyé leur candidature sont également priés de suivre les nouvelles instructions ci-dessous:
- Ouvrez le lien: http://www.aau.org/ecoapp/
- Assurez-vous que vous avez toutes les informations requises, y compris votre CV et diplômes scannés
- Vous aurez besoin d’environ 45 minutes pour remplir le formulaire en ligne
- Veuillez envoyer un message par email si avez des soucis concernant :
- Problèmes techniques avec le formulaire en ligne: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions relatives à l’annonce de la CEDEAO: email@example.com
- Ou appelez: +233302774495
La date limite de réception des candidatures est fixée au 15 Octobre, 2015
Nous nous excusons sincèrement pour tous inconvénients causés. Merci