AAU Member University in Focus
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT), South Africa, was established on the 1st of January 2005, when the Cape Technikon and Peninsula Technikon merged. This merger was part of a national transformation process that transformed the higher education landscape in South Africa. Today, this institution is the only university of technology in the Western Cape and is the largest university in the region, boasting of more than 30 000 students, several campuses and service points, and more than 70 programmes.
CPUT is a full member of the Association of African Universities.
Interesting information about Cape Peninsula University of Technology:
- On 1st January 2015 CPUT officially turned 10 years old
- CPUT has six faculties and boasts of more than 80 undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a wide range of fields.
- CPUT also offers career-specific short courses.
- Latest research and innovation news focuses on the The Kgalagadi Lion Project
- The Vision of CPUT is to be at the heart of technology education and innovation in Africa.
- This page of Quick Facts about CPUT has interesting information about enrollment figures etc – https://heda.cput.ac.za/indicatordashboard/default.aspx
- CPUT aims among others, to build a university that is highly efficient, sustainable and environmentally conscious
- CPUT hosts the South African Renewable Energy Technology Centre (SARETEC)
Mr Trevor Manuel is the Chancellor of CPUT whilst Dr Prins Nevhutalu is the Rector and Vice-Chancellor
CPUT Contact Details
Call centre: +27 21 959 6767
The University of Douala (Université de Douala), is located in Douala in Cameroon. It was founded in 1977.
- It is one of the six public universities of Cameroon.
- Its Vice Chancellor is Pr Dieudonné OYONO
- In August 2013, the University of Douala hosted AAU’s 4th Management Development workshop
- Is a multi-site university with campuses in 6 locations
The Contact Details are
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: B.P. 2701 Douala-Cameroun
Tél./Fax : (237) 33 40 11 28
- Development of Research and human resource training
- Promotion of Culture and Research
- Making higher education accessible to all
- Supporting social and cultural development
- Promotion the learning of English and French
Please visit the University of Douala website (which is in French) for further information: http://www.univ-douala.com/
Did you Know that…………….
- Ain Shams University’s Faculty of Medicine has started a number of initiatives in its new medical project in the University Hospital
- The University Council has signed a cooperation protocol for the exchange of experiences between the university (Faculty of Medicine) and a number of Hospitals
- A memorandum of understanding has also been signed between its Faculty of Agriculture and the Institute of Agricultural Rural Development in Brazzaville.
- Ain Shams University has seven campuses, all of which are sited in Great Cairo.
- Ain Shams University was earlier known as “Ibrahim Pasha University”
Address: Khalifa El-Maamon st, Abbasiya sq., Cairo. Post Code: 11566,
Telephone: (202) 26831474 – (202) 26831231, (202) 26831490 – (202) 26831417
University President: Dr. Hussein Essa
Date of Establishment: July 1950
To achieve excellence in the field of higher education and scientific research at the local, regional and global in a climate of independence, freedom, democracy, equality and contribute to the service of society and achieve sustainable development.
- Integrate a culture of total quality and continuous improvement in the educational process and research.
- Enrich the theoretical knowledge and applied in accordance with ethical standards, social and cultural life of society.
- Spread the culture and ethics of scientific research.
- Strengthen cooperation between the University and other universities, scientific research centers locally, regionally and globally.
- Develop educational programs in light of the standards of local, regional and global levels.
- Provide students with the latest sources of knowledge and modern technology to develop their ability in innovation, leadership and self-learning, teamwork and competition.
- Strengthen the continuing education and distance education.
- Activate the role of the centers and units of a special nature to provide research and advisory services to the community.